Saturday, May 29, 2010

Seafood for Breakfast anyone?

Well, Kendal and I got a good night's sleep. Jordan woke at 2:10am, asking me questions that required the use of brain cells; who knows what I told her?!?!



Long story short, we are flying to Shanghai, despite our efforts to get it switched to a direct flight to Beijing! Kendal is convinced that we will be missing ALL the cultural stuff in Beijing today. He may be right but I am leaning on the positive side of things. We are supposed to arrive in Shanghai at 12pm. Pray that we get a flight to Beijing soon after. From what we understand, our contact in Shanghai will have that info. Hopefully they can work their angle and get us on a flight.



Jordan made the comment a little while ago at how we had met some really nice people. She is right. I love World War II history so I can't help but wonder what the older Japanese folks think when they look at us. Of course, they may be thinking the same thing!!!



Continue praying for my mom and Lydia. Thank you friends for giving my mom a break.



Nicholas Gray, thank you for loaning your DS to Jordan. She has really enjoyed it. Right now she is writing in her journal....against her own will. I'm sure we will see the DS back out soon!!!



I thank God for the baby's voice last night in the hotel lobby......I am telling you, it sounded JUST LIKE LYDIA!!! That was a blessing. I also thank God for the sweet couple and their daughter that we met this morning from Minnesota. He even let me talk on his computer phone thingy with the Delta person, trying to help us get a direct flight. I would have loved having time to get to know them better. They were awesome. It was very obvious that they are Jesus followers!



Well, I guess I will wrap it up for now. Some of you may be eager for pics but seriously, we have nothing that would be of any interest. Know that we are doing well and are anxious to be on the same continent as Anna. Just 2 more days before we finally meet!!! Pray for her and the transition that lies ahead for her. Blessings to you all.



**Oh, I forgot to explain the title! Breakfast at the hotel was interesting, to say the least. I did find brown rice cereal which was great and I ate 2 bowls. The eggs were a little runnier than I prefer. Jordan, who is pretty picky, actually ate hers and mine and got another helping! And yes, there was some kind of fish on the buffet; I had to pass. I LOVE seafood but I will pass on squid for breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys! It's Mandy & Roger! We've been reading the blog & crying the whole time...the wonder of God's plan & beauty of love is overwhelming! We're listening to the radio also & song "I saw God Today" came on. We can see God in all of this! We are praying for you guys every step of the way! Just finishing pancakes ourselves, I don't blame you for letting the squid stay on the buffet! Love all of you so much! Love, Mandy, Roger,Sam & Dennis

    ReplyDelete