Monday, May 31, 2010

Early Morning Labor Has Begun

I just woke up about 20 minutes ago.....labor pains.....in my neck! Now, I am VERY awake. Oh, it is 2:20am on Monday and I am READY TO GO!!!!! It seems totally impossible that the day has finally arrived. Of course, we do have to catch a plane from here in Beijing to Nanchang, Jiangxi but I am just believing that all the details of that flight will be seamless.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time yesterday at the Jade factory and the Great Wall, but for me, the best part of the day was getting to know 2 particular families in our travel group. One couple is from Texas and they have a 4 and 3 year old at home, waiting on the arrival of their little sister. Hearing how God has been busy orchestrating all the details of their adoption was so encouraging; God has been up to a lot of good, I'll tell you that! The other family is from Virginia and actually, the wife's dad lives in FLORENCE!!!! Coincidence? I think not! They are accompanied on this trip by their daughters, Melanie (7 yrs.) and Kristen (3 1/2 yrs.), both of which they adopted from China. Kendal wrote last night about how Jordan and Melanie were instant buddies! I have been trying to soak up all their experience and knowledge; I really appreciate their willingness to answer my questions, share their stories and just been a huge encouragement. Even though the play dates that Melanie and Jordan are planning may be difficult to pull off on a regular basis, I am totally pumped about the future opportunities we will have to spend time with them.....thanks to the Florence connection!

When I woke a little while ago, my mind immediately went to the Pray family; that is their last name. They were on the same original flight itinerary as us but somehow have not yet made it to Beijing yet!!! Our entire group hurts for them and has been praying that they arrive ASAP. The Pray family is supposed to go to Nanchang with us and the Wheelus family so, although I can't begin to imagine the frustration, pain, and anger they may be feeling right now, I look forward to seeing God work something huge in their lives; the Danford family will get to be front row spectators on that one! Please join us in praying for this family!!! I will say that in all the mess we went thru with flights ourselves, it was a comfort to me to remember that God has gone before us. He has done the same for the Pray family so maybe you can pray that they remember this and find encouragement from that.

OH MY WORD!!! In 18 hours or less, we will finally be holding Anna!!!! Right now she is sleeping for the very last time in her bed at the Suichan orphanage. I pray, as we have for a couple of years, that God is allowing her to see our faces and hear our voices as she dreams right now. She is laying there, with God watching her sleep. I can imagine His excitement for her, much like me and Kendal, awake so early, eager to for this big day! Soon, she will wake up, maybe with the help of her nanny, and be given breakfast. I imagine that the nanny will have tears of joy for Anna, and tears of pain over her "loss" of this precious child....knowing that she is about to meet her forever family. Her nanny will dress her in clothes that she will have for years to come; clothes that will serve as a reminder of her beginning in China, God's hand of grace plucking her from a family-less existance, and gently placing her in our arms. Arms that have anticipated her warmth for 10 years, since the time God first impressed on my heart that we would one day adopt from China. She will take a long car ride to a brand new place, seeing new sights all along the way. Her nanny will carry her into a building; I can imagine her wonderment at the surroundings she has never seen. She will soon hear her name, be carried by her nanny, and approached by 2 sobbing parents and a big sister that is seeing her prayers of 4 1/2 years answered in a very tangible way.

I know that some of you who are reading this have been wondering for a while, maybe for years, if God actually hears you. Yes, He does hear you. I also know that He loves each one of us and longs to open His hand of blessing over our lives. We often run to Him, as if He were a genie in a bottle, obligated to grant us our wishes. I know that our family has learned through this entire process that He is not at our beck and call. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. He loves us, wants what is best for us and hears our prayers. But, His view of our lives is much broader than our own. Even though we can't see how all the pieces are fitting together, as long as we put our faith in Him (and that means we aren't totally stressed out trying to do things on our own) and seek His strength and His glory (not our selfish desires, no matter how noble they may be), it's all good.

"Joy comes in the morning" and sometimes it is early! Room 1022 at the Radisson in Beijing is about to burst forth with joy!!! And Jordan hasn't even woken up yet.......which means there is a lot more to come!!!! I sit here smiling at the fact that today, TODAY, May 31, 2010, Ai Cui Long will NO LONGER BE! God is giving her a new name, a new beginning, one He planned long before her birth!! Anna Len-Ai Danford is almost here!!!!

16 comments:

  1. So excited for you, but most of all excited about what God has and is doing through your family! Love you guys soooo much and I am full of joy and tears as you wait to see sweet Anna! I am praying also that you guys can get pictures to download, because I just might bust if not!:-) Love you my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jordan FamilyMay 31, 2010 at 4:34 AM

    We can't wait!!!! We are praying and eagerly awaiting to see Anna's homecoming! I remember those same feelings waiting to meet my Caleb for the first time and now you are experiencing the same miracle of adoption. In just a matter of hours Anna will be with her family and will begin learning all about the her Wonderful Creator! God is so good! Remember every feeling and soak it all in! These are memories that are priceless! We love you and are praying for you!

    Matt, Allison, Ben, Callie & Caleb Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished reading your post to the girls. I had to stop several times, because of my tears. Tears of joy and excitement for you and tears of remembering some of those same feelings about 10 yrs. ago in Russia. We can't wait for the next post. Hopefully it will be with dear sweet Anna in your lap.

    Angie

    P.S. A special hello to Jordan from Caroline. She is praying for you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SWEET NELLIE I'M ABOUT TO BUST!!!!!!!!!!!!! I figure by now you're on the flight and that much closer to Anna! Hopefully by the time I get up you will have called Mama Black and I can call and get a full report. Dying to hear some more!!!! Love you lots and sending up lots of prayers for the Dynamic Danford Five!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know if I can wait any longer, but I guess I will have to wait until you see her first. We all love you and are praying for you constantly. The Grays

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just pass 11:00 PM here on May 30th and I am so excited. Dad said he knows I want sleep tonight just waiting to here that you have Anna in your arms. It will be very soon!!!!!!The day we have been waiting for for over four years is here. I know Anna has left the only home she has ever known, but she will be receiving a wonderful Christian family that will love her unconditionally and forever. We can't wait to see pics so I hope you can get that worked out. I just keep wondering if the little girl I see in my mind is really how she will look. I know she is precious. Tell her we love her until we can show her how much. Love to all

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are happy that the journey is almost complete! Cannot wait to see the newest family member! Four new babies at Christmas will be a lot of fun for us all.
    Take care and hope you're travel home is safe and uneventful.
    Love and in our prayers,
    Charles, Kim, Lauren, and Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! We are so excited for each of you and ALL that the Lord is doing!! I couldn't get through your post with out sobbing! What an amazing story!!! Can't wait to meet the newest Danford...we love you! The Clabo's

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I read your post I am praying and crying at the same time. Seeing what God has done and what all He will do in your lives. May you continue to see His hand upon you as you travel home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for you guys, I know that when Jordan and Anna touch hands there will be instant love flowing through their hearts. Only word that comes to mind is AMAZING! Love ya'll, Tina Young

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sitting on the beach thinking of you guys! Can't wait to see the first pics of you with Anna!

    Rick and Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joy overflowing! So much anticipation, so many prayers, so much to come! As with everyone else, we are waiting on our toes, almost like angels overlooking from heaven as God sends awaited answers to prayers. To God be the glory! Great things He has already done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grandma and GranddaddyJune 1, 2010 at 9:58 AM

    Thanks for the call this morning. It was so good to here your voice and know that Anna was with her family. Dad and I have talked all day about how we can't wait to see Anna and you together. I know she has changed since her pics were make months ago, but I know too that she is precious. I hope you can get the internet up soon. I don't even know if you can get this but I had to post before we went to bed. I pray all is well and Anna is adjusting to her new surroundings but most of all her family. God is so good. Love and good night!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soooo ready to hear more, but I'm glad to know she's safe in your arms!!! Love you guys!!!! Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just so you know...I am sitting in my office crying as I read this which I am sure is an interesting sight if someone would walk by. :-) I am so excited for you and am praying! Your obedience to what God has called you to do is so encouraging. I can't wait to continue to watch Him unfold this amazing love story! I love you Danford Family! Thank you for showing all of us Jesus on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Grandma and GranddaddyJune 2, 2010 at 9:22 AM

    Oh my word! She is beautiful!!!!!!!!! Dad and I can hardly believe our eyes, another sweet little precious granddaughter. She is surely a keeper! I just stopped to answer the phone and it was our sweet Jordan. It was great hearing from you. We are so happy that Anna is beginning to bond with you Jordan. Thanks too for letting me know about the Great Wall of China. Interesting! We love all of you and we are so happy to get to see little Anna. We will be going to pick up little Lydia early Thursday afternoon. I know she is missing you but we will try and keep her busy (or she'll keep us busy! Ha.) Send more pics of the family when you can. It makes our day. We love you and continue praying for you.

    ReplyDelete