Saturday, May 22, 2010

Her Name

Some of you may wonder how we picked Anna's name. Well, one day while I was working at BCM, I was reading in Matthew 2:36 and following. Anna was a prophetess in the Temple when Jesus was born. Scripture says that she worshipped night and day and never left the Temple. She gave thanks to God after meeting Jesus and told everyone about Him. As I read those verses, I believe that God revealed to me that our daughter's name should be Anna. I went home balling my eyes out and told Jennifer the story. We both agreed that she would be named after a woman who modeled worship and told others about the Savior.
Anna's middle name has a story too. Jordan had always said that she wanted to name her little sister "Love." While we thought that was cute, we weren't sure if that would make the final cut. So, when we finally received our referral Anna's Chinese name was Long, Ai Cui. We soon found out that the "Ai" literally means "Love" in Chinese. We didn't think that was a coincidence, so we decided that would be part of her name.
The other part of her middle name will be Len. This is my middle name and my Dad and Granddad's first names. Her full name will be a combination of a character from the Bible, her Chinese name and her American family. So, we will be welcoming Anna Len-Ai Danford to our family very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment